Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Submitted story: Long Live Harley!

I know that people who are writing about their Harley experiences often are ones that have had years of love and knowledge of what it feels like to be on a Harley. I do not fit that category. I am 41 years old and spent years afraid of getting on a motorcycle of any type. I had a cousin killed in a freak accident many years ago and my parents beset in me the fear of motorcycles. This all changed a year ago. I met an avid Harley rider and that changed my world. I know this may sound odd, and perhaps unbelievable but my first experince on his Harley was life changing. He talked me into hopping on the back of that bike, and within that moment I found a whole new world. It was as if I had always been meant to be on a Harley. The wind in face, the landscape passing by, the chill in the air, all worked together to create an almost surreal experience. I haven't been able to stay away now from riding. It is an intergal part of my life, my relaxation, my concept of the world. Long live Harley!!!

No comments: