Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Submitted story: Want to be like Dad

The Harley Davidson is seriously the most respected motorcycle and most impressive bike out on the road today.

When my dad first brought home his Harley he was like a little kid all over again it was like nothing I had ever seen before I had never seen a grown man so happy about something in his entire lifetime. When he got off that bike after riding it around for hours it only made me want a Harley even more.

My dad has taken that bike to work and every day since he got it he is a true Harley rider. He loves to ride he is not one of these people that trailers their bikes into Sturgis and then rides it around for one week a year. No that is not a true Harley rider.

The true Harley rider wants to ride that bike every chance they get and that is what my dad is a true lover of the Harley Davidson. When winter finally does roll around and he can't ride his bike anymore its like taking a toy away from a four year old.

The day he puts a tarp on that bike and puts it in the garage for the winter is one sad day at our household. But like a five year old that knows where the cookie jar is he inevitably ends up taking that bike out again at some point during the winter when there is at least one nice day when the roads are clear.

All I can really say is I hope that some day I can own a Harley and enjoy it as much as my dad enjoys his Harley Davidson.

No comments: