Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Submitted story: My favorite Harley shirts

by Mike Chlanda

Since I've been a screenprinter of my own line of t-shirts most of my life, I've always noticed what shirts other people are wearing. Of course, the Harley shirts stand out, and I'm not talking about the ones from the Honolulu dealership either. No, I'm talking about the ones with the great slogans on back. Not sure if they're all officially licensed, but they got a chuckle out of me.

First there's the classic "I ripped this shirt off from (name of dealership)." Cute the first few times I saw it. Or the one that has a picture of the sign in front of the dealership - "Harley parking only. All others run over". Then there's the one to answer any questions about the hog's mechanical performance - "Harleys don't vibrate - they throb". Guess he wore that one to remind his old lady. I offered to trade him 3 of my t-shirts for that one, but he wouldn't do it.

My all-time favorite is the call and response one, or the he said she said pair of shirts. His shirt back reads "If you can read this, the bitch fell off". Of course, her response, and of course it's the only approriate one, "This bitch hangs on". The funniest one I saw of this one had bloody fingerprints on the back as if she really was clinging on for dear life.

I'm sure there's tons more of great shirts out there - please submit your favorites and we'll add them to the collection!

No comments: