Friday, January 5, 2007

Submitted story: Admired from afar

I started my passion for bikes when I was little and saw a Harley-Davidson for the first time. The year was 1992 and the bike was a FXR 1340 of '89. I remember that day like it was today... The sun reflecting in the dark paint made me fell like in heaven. The magnificence of its presence made me stay by her side for over one hour. I decided to stay till the owner arrived. I was determined to ask for permission to just sit on her and close my eyes felling the soft leather grips on my hands.

After a little over one hour the owner arrived. My heart started racing when I noticed that was the moment. I simply had to talk to him and sit on her. But ... when I realised she was being driven away by a big guy in black leather I became frustrated for not being able to go and talk to him.

I spend several week’s moaning about my lack of courage. After about one year I decided to rent one. I simply had to try what I know now is the best thing in the world. - Be on an Harley. As I was only 13 I rented it with the help from an older friend and just sat on it for quite some time. I didn’t even had the courage to turn it on or riding it, even after my friend inviting me for a ride. But I didn’t want to ride it before I could control it myself. I waited almost 4 more years till I could finally ride one ... And I did!

Today a decade later I still regret not asking that guy for permission to just feel her, but now I don’t moan anymore as I finally have one of my own. Harley-Davidson for ever!

No comments: