Thursday, January 4, 2007

Submitted story: In the family

Well, my dad owns a 2001 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide and I ride with him a lot because I don't have my license yet. Most everybody in my family owns a Harley, and it's fun riding with all them.

People classify the biker as a mean and cold-hearted person but they're really not. They're people with a passion, a passion for the open road and the v-twin going potata potata potata under them.

There is nothing better then the smell of black leather and exhaust on a cold Sunday morning. Have breakfast at Denny’s and hit the open road.

We ride a lot along Folsom Lake up here in Northern California. There’s this restaurant called The Purple Place and has great food and we always stop there for lunch and end the day coming home.

All of us who own a bike meet at a coffee shop every Saturday night and just sit and talk. It’s really run to get to know the new bikers who are there every time I go because they are either a friend of a friend, or just stopped in because they saw all of the bikes with there lights in the parking lot.

All I can say is, I can’t wait until I get my genuine Harley Davidson and start it up for the first time, knowing that so many people before you have done this same thing and got to know the freedom of an open road and what it is like to ride a Harley Davidson.

No comments: