Sunday, January 7, 2007

Submitted story: Father knows best

I have been a "rice rocket" rider for years. Until now. I recently met my Dad who is a big Harley fan.

He has a restored 1947 pan-head that was a basketcase that he has resurrected. I started hanging around the garage when he bought a 1999 sporty that he said I could ride as soon as he got it done. I decided to help turn a few wrenches to get the bike on the road a little quicker.

We got it done as the snow melted this spring. I hit the rode and will never be hunched over with jack knife arms ever again. I have sold my bike and Dad and I are looking for a bike to work on this winter that I can keep at my house all year.

That is the only good thing about owning a bike in N.Y. is that you ride all spring, summer, and fall. All winter you get to trick the bike out, fine tune it and make it a little louder, faster, and sicker. Come spring you and your buddies can get together and see what you been up to all winter.

I just want to thank DAD and Harley for making riding fun, and comfortable again.

No comments: