Sunday, January 7, 2007

Submitted story: Secret Sydney

The Harley motorbike experience was unlike any experience I had ever been on. I was feeling everything at once, happy and full of laughs, yet nervous about the unexpected. I had no idea where we were going or if I would be returned to my desk at the end... perhaps we would ride into the sunset, never to be seen again!

But I soon realised that our bikie hosts were true gentlemen, keen to make my Harley motorcycle experience as enjoyable and memorable as possible. Not only did I get a different view of the city, but the city had got a different view of me! Everyone stopped and stared and we travelled to all sorts of secret spots around Sydney of which I am sworn to secrecy.

During our stop, I saw an old friend running through the gardens. He didn't recognise me at all and I yelled out “Hi Steve!” about 5 times before I got a response. It's not everyday that you'll see me in jeans, a leather jacket and helmet! Steve said to me in total astonishment, “...What are you doing?” Well, you just never know what's going to happen at RedBalloon Days!

Thank you to my fabulous team and to our gorgeous bikie hosts, who made a November afternoon forever memorable!

No comments: